Russell Worth is a Law Society accredited Personal Injury firm, ready to handle your claim.
Claiming for an injury in a hotel
When you travel abroad and stay in a hotel, it is the responsibility of the hotel owner to ensure that your health and safety is of the utmost importance.
Sadly, this is not always the case and accidents take place causing injury or even worse, death.
If the owner is responsible for the accident in the hotel then you are eligible to claim compensation from them.
Russell Worth Solicitors take on accident in hotel claims
We are a leading personal injury firm who has the skills, expertise and tenacity to make a successful claim for compensation against a hotel owner in a foreign country, or the tour company through which you booked your well earned holiday.
When dealing with foreign judicial systems, the process for claiming can get pretty complex but our accident abroad staff are here to make the task of claiming easy for you.
The intricacies of claiming abroad
- We have an exemplary reputation claiming for individuals or where appropriate, groups of people for claims abroad.
- In some instances, the claim will be made against the tour operator. In other instances, it will be directly against the hotel. In either situation, there may be the possibility to bring the claim under the UK judicial system. We will work out what method is best for you and explain everything before it happens, don’t worry.
Speak to our friendly staff now on 0800 028 2060 for a free, no obligation consultation. Alternatively, claim online.
What we can help you claim for
- The injury itself and the inconvenience of this
- Disruption to your holiday
- Future costs that will be incurred as a result of your injury
- Taxi’s to the airport
- Medical bills
- Prescription costs
After the accident has happened
The moments after an accident has happened are critical to the potential success of a claim being made.
Critical evidence needs to be collected to bolster your cause, which include:
- Photos of the incident, including what caused it.
- Details of any eye witnesses including name, telephone and email.
- Ensure the incident is recorded in the accident book at the hotel and owners informed
- Ensure you contact a solicitor as soon as possible after the incident as there are strict time limits surrounding the application to claim.
How to prevent accidents in your hotel
There are a number of measures that you can take to minimise the risk of a hotel claim being made against you:
- Ensure that all stairways have a fitted, solid bannister
- Ensure that balconies walls are at least the minimum regulatory height for your respective country.
- Install non-slip flooring where appropriate.
- Make sure house staff use the correct signage to show if a floor is wet.
- Ensure that appropriate lighting has been fitted in all areas of the hotel.
- If an area of dangerous disrepair has been identified, ensure that the area is cordoned off so that nobody can use it until it is safe for use again.
- Ensure that food is fresh and stored according to health and safety standards in your country, to ward off any illness claims resulting from food poisoning.
Russell Worth run most claims like this on a No Win No Fee basis, meaning that all of the risk is with the solicitor. You will not be charged a penny, should your claim be lost. Fees will be explained in full to you before any agreements are signed.
Free Claim Assessment