Oil Rig Accident Claims
Over £90 million compensation recovered for our UK clients – Russell Worth Solicitors
Working on oil rigs is an extremely dangerous occupation where accidents can and do happen.
There are many jobs out there that are hazardous and can lead toserious harm – non-more so than working on an oil rig.
Having a job on oil rig is not only an inconvenience to ones life with the long periods away from home but working with heavy machinery, the changing weather and a whole host of other dangers, there are no end of injuries that you can sustain – back injuries, head injuries and even fatalities in the worst case.
Russell Worth is well positioned with their personal injury skill set to lead claims against the insurers of oil platforms. If you have been injured on an oil rig and you believe it was due to someone else OR your employers negligence, then you could be eligible for compensation.
“Outstanding client service from start to finish. From the very first time I called Russell Worth I was impressed with their friendly professionalism. I had called a number of the TV advertised compensation lawyers and large firms with impressive websites and received nothing but poor service from what appeared to be over-worked and under-trained staff. I had hesitated to call RWS because they are located at the other end of the country to me, but I’m so glad I made that call. RWS are just the very best at listening, understanding my situation, putting me at ease and coming up quickly with a plan of action that resulted in more compensation than I had expected possible. Actually, the TV advertised legal firms had told me I couldn’t expect any compensation for my injuries. Thanks heavens for RWS!!”
What are the dangers of working on an oil rig?
- Getting to the rig – by the nature of the business, oil rigs are often out at sea and require a fair amount of travel for their workers. Often to get on the oil rig a helicopter trip is required which has its own dangers.
- Weather – once on the rig there can be quite treacherous weather, which can hamper your ability to work safely – this can lead to accidents! Snow, rain, high winds and whatever else the weather can throw at you have the ability to make surfaces unsafe for people to work on.
- Drilling – getting oil or gas out of the ground requires a great deal of heavy machinery and pressure. In the worst-case scenario this can lead to explosions and fire, which are obviously extremely dangerous for the workers onboard.
- Machinery – as mentioned above, there are a lot of manual jobs that require skilled personnel to carry them out. Back problems are not uncommon and even HAVs can stem from the prolonged use of vibrating power tools whilst on the platform.
- Other employees mistakes – whilst your colleagues may make mistakes, which can lead to your harm, it would be their / your employers liability insurance that would cover any accidental damages resulting from a claim.
- Sinking platform – the corrosive nature of seawater means that erosion on the framework of the oil rig needs to be kept under tight control and maintenance. If it is not then platforms have been known to collapse and sink which can lead to serious injury or death.
How can Russell Worth help you with your claim?
Working on the rigs is a well-paid job, which allows for one to become accustomed to a certain style of life. You work hard making many sacrifices along the way and exposing yourself to danger. If you are unable to work because of an accident that happened whilst working on the oil rig then this needs to be carefully assessed. What are you missing out on because of your accident? Do you have dependents? What financial repercussions have you incurred because of the incident, and what private medical help could you receive in terms of rehabilitation to get you back to fitness?
All of these are to be carefully considered by a trained solicitor to enable you to get the maximum amount of compensation for your physical / mental / financial suffering.
We work on a No Win No Fee basis, which gives you the comfort in knowing that you are safe if you do not win your case but do not worry, we rarely lose a case.