Burn and Scald Injury Claims
Over £90 million compensation recovered for our UK clients – Russell Worth Solicitors
We don’t work on anything except personal injury claims, so you’ll be in safe hands if you come to us for your burn or scald injury compensation claim.
Burns and scalds can be extremely painful. The scarring from this type of serious injury can leave a person disfigured and extremely stressed out as a result. In some instances there may be a need for a limb to be amputated or in worst case scenarios the injuries can end in death.
Regardless of where you are on the scale of severity of burn or scald injury, if the accident happened because of someone else’s negligence then you may be eligible for compensation.
Russell Worth are experts at getting the maximum compensation for your burn or scald injuries, taking into consideration the extent of the physical damage, the length of time you are likely to endure the pain and effects of the injury. We will also consider things like wages missed from being off work, travel, medical and rehabilitation expenses.
Free Claim Assessment
What are the different causes of burn or scald injuries?
Firstly it’s worth noting the difference between burns and scalds.
Scalds arise from:
- Hot liquids
Burns are caused by many things including:
- Extreme heat
- Extreme cold
- Electric shock
- Excess or intense sunshine
As you can imagine, these can be found in many places and environments but commonly we see claims being made for people who have been involved in the following:
- Car accidents – although the most common type of road traffic accident injury is whiplash, there are a lot of instances where people are burnt by the airbag when it goes off. For the airbag to be effective, it needs to deploy extremely fast, which requires a mini explosion. It’s the heat created in this mini explosion (which should not affect the person), which can cause some quite nasty burn injuries.
- Industrial accidents – There are many hazards in heavy industry including chemicals, friction, steam, electricity and more. Unless Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is supplied along with the necessary training, employees can be working at risk and employers opening themselves up to claims.
- Construction accidents – similarly, construction sites have many hazards – cement chemicals, plastering and a whole host of other materials can cause burns on the skin.
- Oil rigs – heavy and vibrating machinery, electric hazards as well as chemicals are what makes oil rigs hazardous places to work.
- Work accidents – aside from industrial, construction and oil rig claims mentioned above, office jobs have their own set of burn and scald risks. Electrocutions are not uncommon, nor are scalds from hot drinks
- Faulty product accidents – burns, electric shock and just about all other types of burn and scald type can arise from the use of a faulty product, depending on what it is.
Russell Worth’s take on burn or scald injury claims
We’re here to help you get the compensation you deserve. Suffering pain, scarring or any other type of injury or financial loss that was not your fault is not acceptable and it is only fair that you get the compensation you deserve.
If you are unsure about making a claim then take a look at the reasons why you are justified to claim.
If you would like us to assess your claim to see whether we can take it on as a Conditional Fee (no win no fee) Agreement then please make a free claim enquiry.
For all burn and scald injuries speak to Russell Worth Solicitors.
Free Claim Assessment