8.30am-7pm MON-FRI / 9.30am-1pm SAT-SUN

QuickClaim Hotline
0800 028 2060 or 01752 334 469

We have recovered £46.5M in compensation for our clients over the past 4 years.

Road accidents involving uninsured or untraced drivers

You might be tempted to assume that making a claim against an uninsured or untraced driver would be a waste of time but actually this is not the case. Simply call us now on 0800 028 2060 or complete our Online Claim Assessment and we will happily chat with you regarding your claim.

Every year there are hundreds of accidents where the drivers of certain vehicles are uninsured. Untraced drivers (or hit and runs as they are often known) often cause grief for people due to the fact that they can’t be traced through normal means but the process of making a claim is pretty much the same as any other claim, except the fact that it is made against an organization set up for this specific type of claim. Stolen cars tend to figure quite largely in these types of accidents.


The Motor Insurance Bureau (MIB) was set up in 1946 with the sole purpose of ensuring that any company wishing to underwrite compulsory motor insurance pays into it to cover those who need to claim against uninsured or untraced drivers.

Untraced drivers

Whether you’re a cyclist, pedestrian, motorcyclist or driver/passenger of another vehicle, if you have been hit by an untraced driver on a public road then you can put in a claim but the fact that there is essentially nobody to claim against means that it is approached in a slightly different way.

Uninsured drivers

If someone who is uninsured hits you then we will help you make a claim against the driver and the MIB (acting as that persons insurance company).

Stolen cars

If the car that crashed into you turns out to be stolen when traced down then there are 3 possible outcomes:

What to do next

Complete our 15-second form above and one of our team will give you a call back. Alternatively, please call 0800 028 2060 now and we can offer you some no obligation advice.

Please note

The accident needs to have been within the last 3 years. If it took place before 3 years ago then unfortunately we will not be able to help you. If you have accepted an offer of compensation previously then again, we will not be able to help you further.

For details on changing your solicitor if you are not happy with your existing one, please check this page.

Here at Russell Worth we are accomplished in making claims against either uninsured or untraced drivers so let us assist you in your claim and we will get you the best compensation package that we can.

Free Claim Assessment

If you have been injured and would like a free Claim Assessment so that you can discover your rights, please call us now on 0800 028 2060 or complete our Online Claim Assessment



Free QuickClaim



Client Reviews

Excellent service. My claim was dealt with by professionals and within 5 months which I would say is very fast. Always kept updated on what was happening. If your going to choose a company this is the one fast and efficient and that’s all you need. Thank you for a wonderful service.

— Jay Anderton

click here to

Why Choose Us?
Should I make a work accident claim?
Case Studies

Settlement for keen cyclist involved in Road Traffic Accident

If you are a cyclist yourself you will no doubt be aware that not all motor vehicle drivers are considerate of cyclists nor alert to their presence. Our client, Mark, found this out himself last year when on his... Read More