Fatal Injury Claims

We’ve won £114,746,697 in compensation for our clients since 2010. Get the compensation you deserve by speaking to Russell Worth Solicitors today

Free QuickClaim Hotline
0800 028 2060

8.30am-7pm MON-FRI / 9.30am-1pm SAT-SUN

Fatal Injury Claims

We take care of everything. Losing someone dear to you is bad enough.

These are some of the most traumatic cases that Russell Worth Solicitors have to deal with. While there is no amount of money that can make amends for losing a loved one, it does help to know that finances are taken care of, leaving you free to grieve the person who has suddenly disappeared from your life.

It may be the case for example that you are the wife of the deceased, who stays home and looks after the children. In this situation, we would look to get you the compensation that will allow you to comfortably carry on doing this.

If you have lost a loved one and believe it to be because of someone else’s lack of due diligence, then call us now on 0800 028 2060 or complete our Online Claim Assessment and we advise you of your legal rights.

Because of the high value nature and importance of such claims, you need a solicitors firm that has experience in this field and will treat the case with the compassion, sensitivity and respect that the deceased family members deserve. Russell Worth will not let you down on this front.

I was financially dependent on the deceased

If these are your circumstances then we will look to recoup the money you are accustomed to so that life can continue in as normal fashion as possible.

Although not limited to this, we will try to get you compensation to cover the following:

  • Children / childcare
  • Pension / pension rights
  • Financial support
  • Household duties such as gardening and DIY

Am I legally allowed to claim?

The Law states that the following people are legally allowed to claim if they were financially dependent on the deceased:

  • A parent or ascendant of the deceased
  • A spouse or a former spouse
  • A civil partner or former civil partner
  • A child / descendant, including non-blood related children who was treated as if a child from the marriage
  • A cohabitee – if you have lived together as man and wife for 2 years or more
  • A brother, sister, aunt or uncle of the deceased.

What you should know about this type of case

  • You may be entitled to bereavement damages, which is a fixed sum set by statute of £11,800 and is paid to the spouse / civil partner OR the parents of a child under 18 years of age.
  • We do not deal with the criminal prosecution side of the case; this is dealt with under criminal law.
  • The first sum of compensation will be calculated based on the pain and suffering caused between the time of the deceased injury and the time of death. In addition, any financial costs built up over this period plus funeral costs will be taken into consideration.
  • The second sum of compensation is typically called the Dependency claim and it consists of the contributions that the deceased would have typically made to take care of the family. This is typically paid to the current and any previous spouses, along with the bereavement damages.

Russell Worth Solicitors position on Fatal Claims

Whilst it is a horrendous thing to go through, it is important that you make provisions for yourself and the deceased dependents. Russell Worth has a fantastic track record with these sorts of claims, getting the bereaved the maximum compensation for their sudden loss. We will be there to serve and protect you every step along the way.

Free Claim Assessment

If you have been injured and would like a free Claim Assessment so that you can discover your rights, please call us now on 0800 028 2060 or complete our Online Claim Assessment.

Excellent. The service was efficient from start to finish and I would not hesitate to recommend Russell Worth Solicitors to anybody who is unfortunate enough to meet with a personal injury that is not their fault.
Hilary Ann