If you or a loved one have been involved in a road traffic accident it can be a very upsetting and frightening experience. We appreciate that although being injured itself is bad enough there is often a whole bigger picture to consider. You may have lost the use of your vehicle due to damage, be unable to work and as a result are losing out on income, feel anxious about travelling, the list goes on.
The good news is that Russell Worth are here to help you.
We have a vast amount of experience in dealing with road traffic accident claims and also understand the human effect this type of accident can have. We have a dedicated, experienced team of lawyers who deal only with road traffic accident claims on behalf of Claimants – they really know their stuff!
There are many different scenarios whereby you may be injured following a car accident and we deal with them all:-
• Driver injured due to negligence of third party.
• Passenger injured due to negligence of driver of vehicle they are travelling in or negligence of driver of third party vehicle.
• Pedestrian injured due to recklessness/dangerous driving.
• Cyclist/motorcyclist injured due to undue care and attention/recklessness/dangerous driving.
• Passenger on a bus.
So, in the unfortunate incident whereby you are involved in a car accident, what should you do?
1. Dial 999 and call the emergency services.
2. Try to stay as calm as possible. This is often easier said than done but remaining calm will help you deal with the then and there and may assist you in obtaining the information and evidence needed to present a strong case.
3. Third party details. If you have been involved in an accident with another vehicle try to make a note of the registration number(s), driver name, address, phone number and email.
4. Witnesses. Try to find out details of any witnesses to the accident. Without witness evidence it will be a case of your word against someone else’s which can be difficult to prove.
5. Photographs. Try to take photographs if possible of the damaged vehicles, and surrounding area.
6. Written record. As soon as you can after the accident try to put together a written account of events whilst they are still fresh in your mind.
7. Call Russell Worth on 0800 028 2060.
We appreciate that not all of the above will be possible following an accident, especially if you are in shock or badly injured. Not being able to carry out the above recommendations does not mean you cannot still make a claim – we can work with whatever information you have available.
When you first contact us a member of our New Client Team will discuss with you the accident itself so we can assess if we are able to assist you with making a claim. If we are able to assist you we have put together the following article which outlines the claims process itself so you can find out a bit more about how it all works click here
Free Quick Claim Assessment
If you have been injured and would like a free Claim Assessment so that you can discover your rights, please call us now on 0800 028 2060 or complete our Online Claim Assessment.