Here at Russell Worth we support the charity Brake which coordinates the annual Road Safety Week. Brake is a road safety charity working with communities and organisations across the UK to stop the tragedy of road deaths and injuries, make streets and communities safer for everyone, and support people bereaved and seriously injured on roads.
Here in our offices we took part in a ‘Bright Day’ on 28th October when staff dug out their brightest clothes and had a fun dress down day. We raised £42 for this wonderful charity and raised awareness of the need for drivers to slow down and watch out for pedestrians and cyclists.
Take action, make a difference, and Pledge to do six simple things to save lives this Road Safety Week:-
• Slow. More than 1 in 4 fatal crashes are as a result of driving too fast (either breaking the speed limit or driving too fast for the conditions. Please pledge to stay under the limits and slow down to 20mph around schools and homes to protect others.
• Sober. 1 in 7 road deaths are as a result of someone who has driven while over the limit. Having just one drink can affect your driving ability. Having alcohol in your system, although not being over the legal limit, and driving is quite simply not worth the risk. Please pledge to never drink or take drugs and drive or get in a car being driven by anyone who has been drinking or taking drugs.
• Secure. Please pledge to put your seatbelt on and make sure anyone you are travelling with does the same.
• Silent. Please pledge not to use your mobile phone whilst driving. You are three times more likely to crash whilst distracted than if you are not distracted.
• Sharp. Road accidents caused by poor vision are estimated to cause 2,900 casualties in the UK each year. Ensure you get your eyes tested regularly. Please pledge to stay focused on safe driving and look out for friends and loved ones who may be unfit to drive through ill health or tiredness.
• Sustainable. Can you cut down on the amount your drive? Walking, cycling and using public transport when possible helps not only keep our communities safer but it is also better for the environment and our health. Please pledge to minimise the amount you drive or not drive at all.
You can make the pledge by following this link Good luck everyone and stay safe!
Free Claim Assessment